The BenCab Museum near Baguio City was so much fun. Aside from the vast collection of Ben, our guide Ryan gave us a unique experience through the museum. He himself is very artistic, taking our smart phones and incorporate the art into our photos.
My photos are taken in the erotica section, where there are interesting works of art on the…well art of sex. It’s a very popular feature in this museum.
Obsessed with mermaids, finding this bag was a dream. Abby Jocson has numerous quirky designs from pineapples to hearts. My belt is from Pattye’s Closet, a vintage boutique in Glendale. It was a score (at just $10). The swallows are classic. Something from Sailor Jerry, or any flash tattoo design.
Taken at the BenCab Museum,Benguet
The fashion Gods gave the commandment that every girl must own a little black dress.
I’ve found mine and I have treasured it since 2012. I bought it in Rome because I felt I needed an LBD in the city where Audrey Hepburn ran away with Gregory Peck. (However, I know the LBD belongs to Breakfast at Tiffanys). The Gods were right, as this dress has become my savior. IT belongs in any occasion. I’ve worn it to birthdays, meetings, events, even just a casual day out.
Accessorizing is so easy with it and it’s so comfortable. Any girl with any style needs one.
I added a cute flower for the pinup touch and did my hair in a wet set for those vintage curls.
It was my friends birthday filled with lots of alcoholic beverages. The night ended spontaneously on a trapeze net. Yes, the acrobatic art form of swinging yourself on bars. We didn’t actually perform ourselves but drinking beers on a net in the middle of the city was pretty great to me.
Happy Birthday Chesca!
There are times when I can get carried away with bringing along almost my entire makeup collection into my purse. Like most girls, I bring as much as I can thinking that I will “never know when I am going to need it”. So, here is the breakdown on what I have that are neccessary for touch-ups on the go. Twenty items or less.
I have a few new products that I’m using (thank you Ysa Reyes!!!!! I am so blessed by the holy angel of thee Beyonce`)
1. CHANEL Comfort Radiance Compact in Beige Ambre- Again, thank you Ysa. Luckily the shade is actually a good match for me! Still testing it out but so far I am in love. Matte finish and long lasting. Plus a chic product design and the right size for the kit.
2. BOBBI BROWN Shimmer Brick Compact in Bronze- Wow. This product is wow. It’s so smooth and so pretty! So so pretty! I use on my cheek bones for that glowing look. I keep it to go for touch ups when I need a bit of glimmer.
3. CYBER COLORS Black Tip Linner in Super Black- For the touch ups on my cat eye! Sometimes the weather or environment can cause oil.And that rubs off my liner so I always keep this in my bag.
4. CYBER COLORS Super Stay Gel Liner in Black- It looks like a pencil liner but it’s actually gel! I use this for day-to-night looks. When I don’t have time to go home and get ready, I just add this too my eye makeup and it transforms into a great night look. I sometimes even blend it around for a smokey eye.
5. ETUDE HOUSE Drawing Eyebrow Pencil- If you’ve seen my video on pin-up girl makeup, this is what I use for my eyebrows. Keep in the bag for the same reason as the liquid liner. I never want to walk around with just one eyebrow and the other rubbed off! Could it be the new sexy, mysterious look? I don’t think so.
6. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo- This is usually my everyday lip color. Perfect red and stays on forever.
7. MAC Matte in Ruby Woo- Again, Ysa. Testing it out and so far I love it. It’s almost similar to the NYX. I bring a long a few red lipsticks in case of day-to-night looks.
8. MAC Matte in Prince Noir- This is the dark plum color. This is what definietly changes my look from day to night. I just add this color and I’m done.
9. RIMMEL Kate Moss Collection in Rossetto- I always bring a neutral lipstick. In case I need to tone it down for a meeting, or a formal occasion. This color is a rich mauve and is so creamy. One of my favorites.
10. NICHIDO Lip Pencils in Spice and Rosette- To match the lipsticks, I have two inexpensive lipliners. Spice, which is a deep red and Rosette that matches Rossetto (wow.)
11. ARDELLE Eyelash Adhesive- THIS I BRING. I wear falsies. And I never ever ever know when one will fall off or begin to peel. I never want a lash to fall and someone to point out that I have a spider lingering on my cheek.
12. TWEEZERS- You never know when you are going to need tweezers. I use them for applying glue to my eyelashe, sometimes actual tweezing.
13. MINI BRUSHES- A cheek brush and eyebrow brush. For obvious reasons.
I learned over the years that I don’t need to bring everything. The essetials will keep my pin-up look throughout the day. And makeup isn’t what it’s all about. It’s about you.
What’s in your bring-along make up kit?
Been feeling a bit under the weather lately, so I apologize for the minimal write-ups. But, I’m very excited to share my new finds from last weekend! Now, I love sales and anything that is below a good Php 4,000. I have no shame in saying that I am one frugal b*tch.
There is an Aldo outlet store near my place at Nuvali, Santa Rosa. They have amazing year-round sales up to 70% off to buy one take one a pair. In need of new pumps I decided to have a look. I found two perfect pairs, one that’s a deep red suede, and the other the perfect black pump.
And the best part is, for the two pairs, I saved up to Php 9,000! I’m still in shock.
Here are the red suede shoes. So comfortable and the perfect pin-up red.
Aldo’s Tataouine in size 38.
Original price: Php 5,995.00
Marked down to: Php 600
Here are the classic black pumps. A must for all pin-ups. These will go great with everything, from pencil skirts to circle skirts. Fun nights out, or formal events.
Aldo’s Cleminia in size 39.
Original price: Php 4,295.00
Marked down to: Php 600
Come on by to Santa Rosa’s Paseo and Nuvali area and check out all the outlet stores, from not just Aldo but to Nike, Marks & Spencer’s, American Eagle, and so much more!
Don’t forget to say hi to me!
I’m not one for accessories. I rarely ever wear jewlery or dazzle up my outfits. But my favorite pinup accessory are hair flowers and bows! Maintaining a vintage hairstyle can be difficult, time consuming, and tedious. On the days where I really don’t feel like working on my hair, a good curl/brush out with an added bow or flower immediatley makes a great pinup hairstyle.
Flowers are so classy. I love them put near the ear, but you can also add them to a pony tail. I tend to choose neutral colors for my flowers so that it makes it easier to match with my outfits. But there are so many varieties out there for your choosing; different materials, colors and flower types.
Bows are great too! Some of you may be thinking that bows can be….adolescent. Too cute maybe? Well if you choose right, it can be a great accessory. I wear them just like a flower, on the side of my ear. But you can also wear them above a pony tail for that 1950s prep look. My assortment of bows are primary colors giving off a bit of a cheerleader-varsity vibe.
Hair accessories have been favored by classic pinups, and modern ones too.
I find hair accessories everywhere! Always keep an eye out over at any accessories section of your favorite store. I usually find great pieces at Forever 21, SM Department Store, and even the children’s section like Zara.
Hair accessories are definite pinup essential! Get out there and experiment with different styles, colors and type!