There are times when I can get carried away with bringing along almost my entire makeup collection into my purse. Like most girls, I bring as much as I can thinking that I will “never know when I am going to need it”. So, here is the breakdown on what I have that are neccessary for touch-ups on the go. Twenty items or less.
I have a few new products that I’m using (thank you Ysa Reyes!!!!! I am so blessed by the holy angel of thee Beyonce`)
1. CHANEL Comfort Radiance Compact in Beige Ambre- Again, thank you Ysa. Luckily the shade is actually a good match for me! Still testing it out but so far I am in love. Matte finish and long lasting. Plus a chic product design and the right size for the kit.
2. BOBBI BROWN Shimmer Brick Compact in Bronze- Wow. This product is wow. It’s so smooth and so pretty! So so pretty! I use on my cheek bones for that glowing look. I keep it to go for touch ups when I need a bit of glimmer.
3. CYBER COLORS Black Tip Linner in Super Black- For the touch ups on my cat eye! Sometimes the weather or environment can cause oil.And that rubs off my liner so I always keep this in my bag.
4. CYBER COLORS Super Stay Gel Liner in Black- It looks like a pencil liner but it’s actually gel! I use this for day-to-night looks. When I don’t have time to go home and get ready, I just add this too my eye makeup and it transforms into a great night look. I sometimes even blend it around for a smokey eye.
5. ETUDE HOUSE Drawing Eyebrow Pencil- If you’ve seen my video on pin-up girl makeup, this is what I use for my eyebrows. Keep in the bag for the same reason as the liquid liner. I never want to walk around with just one eyebrow and the other rubbed off! Could it be the new sexy, mysterious look? I don’t think so.
6. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo- This is usually my everyday lip color. Perfect red and stays on forever.
7. MAC Matte in Ruby Woo- Again, Ysa. Testing it out and so far I love it. It’s almost similar to the NYX. I bring a long a few red lipsticks in case of day-to-night looks.
8. MAC Matte in Prince Noir- This is the dark plum color. This is what definietly changes my look from day to night. I just add this color and I’m done.
9. RIMMEL Kate Moss Collection in Rossetto- I always bring a neutral lipstick. In case I need to tone it down for a meeting, or a formal occasion. This color is a rich mauve and is so creamy. One of my favorites.
10. NICHIDO Lip Pencils in Spice and Rosette- To match the lipsticks, I have two inexpensive lipliners. Spice, which is a deep red and Rosette that matches Rossetto (wow.)
11. ARDELLE Eyelash Adhesive- THIS I BRING. I wear falsies. And I never ever ever know when one will fall off or begin to peel. I never want a lash to fall and someone to point out that I have a spider lingering on my cheek.
12. TWEEZERS- You never know when you are going to need tweezers. I use them for applying glue to my eyelashe, sometimes actual tweezing.
13. MINI BRUSHES- A cheek brush and eyebrow brush. For obvious reasons.
I learned over the years that I don’t need to bring everything. The essetials will keep my pin-up look throughout the day. And makeup isn’t what it’s all about. It’s about you.
What’s in your bring-along make up kit?
2 thoughts on “What’s In My Make-Up Bag”
Do you have any tips for adhering lashes? I don’t wear them on a daily basis but I feel like when I do put them on it takes me 20 minutes to get it right!
hi! i usually put the glue on the back end of tweezers. this way glue is easier to apply (you can check out a video i posted recently on pinup makeup. theres a bit there that explains). letting it dry for a good 10 seconds lets the glue get tacky so its makes it easy to stick. 🙂 hope this helps!
LikeLiked by 1 person