Kicking it with some green hair for now. And some casual vibes!
Thanks to Besame Cosmetics the way to a glamorous look has been deducted to just 6 products and 6 steps. There is no need for contouring, baking, layers and more layers…here are the only products you’ll need to get that perfect pin-up girl look!
- Besame’s Lipstick in 1959 Red Hot Red
- Besame’s Black Cake Mascara
- Chanel Comfort Radiance Compact Makeup
- Max Factor’s Facefinity All Day Flawless
- The Balm’s Down Boy Shadow Blush
- A pair of your favorite falsies
How did it all come down to this? Mascara, liner and brows are a big part of everyone’s makeup routine. There are just a crazy amount of options, but with this Black Cake Mascara it is all down to one. Yup, I use it for all!
How the Cake Mascara works:
- Brows: I like my brows full but soft. I don’t like the gel look, so I brush these thoroughly.
2. Face: I use Max Factor’s Facefinity. It’s also a 3 in 1 product (Primer, Concealer and Foundation) Less product, same results. Just a brush of compact powder to set.
3. Eyeliner and Mascara: Here is the fun part! The Cake Mascara is so easy to use that my cat eyeliner was done in under a minute (for those who know the struggle this is a miracle). It’s so potent and the mascara is so light that when I later on apply my falsies they don’t weigh down.
4. Lashes! Just adding them on. I buy mine from Suesh (Php 100 per pair!)
5. Lips! Besame’s Red Hot Red is a replica from 1959. I am obsessed with the detail of their products….their tubes are so pretty!
6. Blush Blush Blush: Again, obsessed with this product’s packaging. You may have seen the Balm’s cute pin-up designs. So this is obviously a perfect product for this look. I use my middle and ring finger to apply my blush to the apples of my cheeks. I like to use my fingers for this because it warms up the product making it smooth and natural.
That’s it!!! It’s really simple, and definitely something you can do. The products are all worth the money. If you have any questions on techniques and other alternatives, ask away!
My sister and I had some fun with a pin-up makeover. I decided to do the Page Boy hair pattern, since her hair is the perfect length. It’s a style that was worn daily, and I find really classic. Her usual style is very casual, so getting the chance to give her this small make-over was great.
What do you think of my sister’s new look?
Here’s all you need:
a. Chambray polo, OR a jean jacket
b. Red bandanna
You can pair this with jeans and you are done! Here’s what really pulls the look together.
The Balm ‘Frat Boy’ face blush, ‘Russian Red’ by MAC, and NYX liquid eyeliner.
Step 1: I just used my foam curlers, but you can use a 1” curling iron to create soft curls.
Step 2: Your usual foundation routine. Create cat-eyes with your liquid eyeliner, a good amount of blush on the apples of your cheeks, and do not forget the red lipstick!
Step 3: Undo your curls and tie into a ponytail.
Step 4: Tie a red bandanna around your hair. I happened to have one that was made into a headband. But, if you don’t have one like I do, look below on how to fold one.
Way to tie your bandanna:
You definitely did it!
I’m not going to lie, recreating vintage hairstyles is very difficult. It takes time and lots of patience. But, that’s what gives the glamour to the entire look, taking the time to perfect the hair and giving it the best potential. It’s not just a brush and go, it’s really about sculpting and styling. Finding the right technique can take years and I decided to check out the beautiful Vintage Vandalizm’s routine. I have to say that I am completely satisfied! Of course, I still need to practice and I am adding in a few of my own touches. Once I perfect it, I promise to share so keep a look out for my tutorial!
Kat Von D forever!!! I’ve been a huge fan of her’s since those Miami Ink days…
She is one of my idols in creativity, style and ambition. Seriously LOVE her. So, when she came out with her now famous make-up line through Sephora I died. Then, learning that her products would be cruelty free it couldn’t get any better.
I finally got my hands on the eye contour pallet. As some of you know, I have a huge eye for eye contouring. Pun intended. Her pallet consists of three quads: neutral, cool, and warm. As much as I love the Urban Decay Naked pallets….this beats it by light years. The galaxy should only carry this product. It’s absolutely pigmented, carries all the necessary neutral colors, and it’s all matte. Also, the packaging couldn’t resemble Kat any better.
Let’s be real, you end up buying an eye shadow pallet because when you see it all together you think “OOOOOHHH PRETTY COLORS.” But, what the heck, you end up only using the browns, whites and uhm…maybe the blue? We all know you will rarely dip your brush into that neon Easter pink everyday. (HEY! I praise you if you do that!)
I tried all the quads…as a quad. And I only did one technique for each quad to easily compare.
The Warm Quad:
The Neutral Quad:
The Cool Quad:
All three looks consisted of MAC Pro Long Wear Foundation, Tony Moly eyebrow pencil, and Chanel Compact Radiance Compact Powder. Photos taken with Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
The Warm Quad– It deserves to be worn everyday. I would do this look for work, or for something that requires you to wear the color white and cover your tattoos. I love it for being super subtle. Lipstick is Persistence by MAC.
The Neutral Quad– This quad is what I would definitely use when creating the pinup look. The white and the dark browns are exactly what I need in creating a deep crease in my eyes. Lipstick is Russian Red by MAC.
The Cool Quad– Use use use for a night out! It’s dark, its smoldering, and its screams “you bitch”. I want this for gigs, a drunk night out or just to bring a little darkness on a sunny day. Lipstick is Copenhagen by NYX.
Which look do you like the best?
Take a look at the standards of women’s bodies from the past century. See how each decade goes from curvy, to thin, to curvy, to thin. The extreme transitions per era is what causes women to be self-conscious about weight. Society and the trends are what determine these standards. This chart proves that the ideal women body will never be satisfied.
There are times when I can get carried away with bringing along almost my entire makeup collection into my purse. Like most girls, I bring as much as I can thinking that I will “never know when I am going to need it”. So, here is the breakdown on what I have that are neccessary for touch-ups on the go. Twenty items or less.
I have a few new products that I’m using (thank you Ysa Reyes!!!!! I am so blessed by the holy angel of thee Beyonce`)
1. CHANEL Comfort Radiance Compact in Beige Ambre- Again, thank you Ysa. Luckily the shade is actually a good match for me! Still testing it out but so far I am in love. Matte finish and long lasting. Plus a chic product design and the right size for the kit.
2. BOBBI BROWN Shimmer Brick Compact in Bronze- Wow. This product is wow. It’s so smooth and so pretty! So so pretty! I use on my cheek bones for that glowing look. I keep it to go for touch ups when I need a bit of glimmer.
3. CYBER COLORS Black Tip Linner in Super Black- For the touch ups on my cat eye! Sometimes the weather or environment can cause oil.And that rubs off my liner so I always keep this in my bag.
4. CYBER COLORS Super Stay Gel Liner in Black- It looks like a pencil liner but it’s actually gel! I use this for day-to-night looks. When I don’t have time to go home and get ready, I just add this too my eye makeup and it transforms into a great night look. I sometimes even blend it around for a smokey eye.
5. ETUDE HOUSE Drawing Eyebrow Pencil- If you’ve seen my video on pin-up girl makeup, this is what I use for my eyebrows. Keep in the bag for the same reason as the liquid liner. I never want to walk around with just one eyebrow and the other rubbed off! Could it be the new sexy, mysterious look? I don’t think so.
6. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo- This is usually my everyday lip color. Perfect red and stays on forever.
7. MAC Matte in Ruby Woo- Again, Ysa. Testing it out and so far I love it. It’s almost similar to the NYX. I bring a long a few red lipsticks in case of day-to-night looks.
8. MAC Matte in Prince Noir- This is the dark plum color. This is what definietly changes my look from day to night. I just add this color and I’m done.
9. RIMMEL Kate Moss Collection in Rossetto- I always bring a neutral lipstick. In case I need to tone it down for a meeting, or a formal occasion. This color is a rich mauve and is so creamy. One of my favorites.
10. NICHIDO Lip Pencils in Spice and Rosette- To match the lipsticks, I have two inexpensive lipliners. Spice, which is a deep red and Rosette that matches Rossetto (wow.)
11. ARDELLE Eyelash Adhesive- THIS I BRING. I wear falsies. And I never ever ever know when one will fall off or begin to peel. I never want a lash to fall and someone to point out that I have a spider lingering on my cheek.
12. TWEEZERS- You never know when you are going to need tweezers. I use them for applying glue to my eyelashe, sometimes actual tweezing.
13. MINI BRUSHES- A cheek brush and eyebrow brush. For obvious reasons.
I learned over the years that I don’t need to bring everything. The essetials will keep my pin-up look throughout the day. And makeup isn’t what it’s all about. It’s about you.
What’s in your bring-along make up kit?