Thanks to Besame Cosmetics the way to a glamorous look has been deducted to just 6 products and 6 steps. There is no need for contouring, baking, layers and more layers…here are the only products you’ll need to get that perfect pin-up girl look!
How did it all come down to this? Mascara, liner and brows are a big part of everyone’s makeup routine. There are just a crazy amount of options, but with this Black Cake Mascara it is all down to one. Yup, I use it for all!
How the Cake Mascara works:
Brows:I like my brows full but soft. I don’t like the gel look, so I brush these thoroughly.
2. Face:I use Max Factor’s Facefinity. It’s also a 3 in 1 product (Primer, Concealer and Foundation) Less product, same results. Just a brush of compact powder to set.
3. Eyeliner and Mascara: Here is the fun part! The Cake Mascara is so easy to use that my cat eyeliner was done in under a minute (for those who know the struggle this is a miracle). It’s so potent and the mascara is so light that when I later on apply my falsies they don’t weigh down.
4. Lashes!Just adding them on. I buy mine from Suesh (Php 100 per pair!)
5. Lips!Besame’s Red Hot Red is a replica from 1959. I am obsessed with the detail of their products….their tubes are so pretty!
6. Blush Blush Blush:Again, obsessed with this product’s packaging. You may have seen the Balm’s cute pin-up designs. So this is obviously a perfect product for this look. I use my middle and ring finger to apply my blush to the apples of my cheeks. I like to use my fingers for this because it warms up the product making it smooth and natural.
That’s it!!! It’s really simple, and definitely something you can do. The products are all worth the money. If you have any questions on techniques and other alternatives, ask away!
I’m not going to lie, recreating vintage hairstyles is very difficult. It takes time and lots of patience. But, that’s what gives the glamour to the entire look, taking the time to perfect the hair and giving it the best potential. It’s not just a brush and go, it’s really about sculpting and styling. Finding the right technique can take years and I decided to check out the beautiful Vintage Vandalizm’s routine. I have to say that I am completely satisfied! Of course, I still need to practice and I am adding in a few of my own touches. Once I perfect it, I promise to share so keep a look out for my tutorial!
The 1950’s was all about glamour. After World War 2, it was important for ladies to look their best because of the the men returning home from the war. (Less men= more competition for marriage) Women wanted to always look their best, therefore their makeup was simple, yet eye-catching . You’ll see that during the 1950’s women’s make-up was subtle with pops of excitment. For example a simple eye, but red lip;or a heavy brow with a bare eye. Hair and makeup were priorities to women making the powder room a sanctuary.
The red lip is important to get that pin-up look. It is and forever shall be a classic. With choosing the right shade, a red lip is perfect for day-time activites, or splendid nights out. The way of picking the right shade is by looking at your hair color and skin tone. For lighter hair and pinkish skin, also known as warm toned (blondes and a rosy complexion; you can check by looking at your vein color. If your color is purple you have a pinkish tone) Opt for peachy, orange toned reds. For the brunettes and yellow-toned girls, also known as cool toned (veins will be colored blueish-green) opt for dark reds, or “blue tones”. These shades according to your color will bring out and highliht your best attributes from your skin to your eye color.
A red lip is my absolute favorite thing to get the pin-up look. It’s my go-to essential when I’m lazy and in a hurry. With just a red lip alone and a few plumps with a good lip liner I am good to go! Great brands from that era were Revlon and Max Factor. Until now, I feel Revlon produces one of the best shades of red matte or gloss at an affordable price. Here are some of my favorite red lipsticks that are essential for any pin-up:
1. NYX Matte Creame Gloss in Monte Carlo (Php 325) This is my daily color. I love how it is applied like a lipgloss making it easy in application and for perfectionist, like myself, great for getting into the corners of the mouth and creating the perfect plump to the lips. The matte finish is amazing and absolutely long lasting. And what more the price is extremely affordable!
2. Rimmel Kate Moss Collection in shade 01 (Php 375) This color is more on a bright red. The texture of this lipstick is creamy and moisturizing! When I apply it, it takes only two swipes! Kate Moss also has various colors to her collection including nudes and pinks, but out of all of them the reds are my favorites. This is worth buying if you’re still new to wearing red lipsticks. The shade is great with any skintone and is easy for application; making sure you won’t over-apply.
3. NYX Matte Creame Gloss in Translyvannia (Php 325) Okay, so this isn’t exactly a red, but it is so good that I must share it with you. I wear this usually for a modern pin-up look. It is a matte formula with a rich plum-tone. This shade has been very popular since 2013 bringing a bit of goth back into fashion. I love it just as I love Monte Carlo for its great application and matte finish. I love this color for nights-out! It’s sexy and classy all at the same time. Make sure to balance it out by not using dark colors on your eyes (such as a smokey eye or heavy black liner). You want to keep it balanced to give you that glamorous look.
4. Revlon Classics in Super Lustrous (Php 510) Now this is the ultimate classic! Like I said before, Revlon was one of the top choices in cosmetics during the 1950’s. Revlon came out with the original packaging back in 2012 for a limited time. Sadly I wasn’t able to get my hands on them. However, even in their modern day packaging, the formula has never changed. Much like the Rimmel Kate Moss Collection, this shade is perfect for any skin tone. A creamy texture and easy application, begginers can experiment with this shade before taking the next step to darker or lighter colors. I highly recommend every girl to have this color in her make-up essentials!
5. Revlon Matte Collection in Wine Not (Php 355) You’re probably thinking why I have so many matted suggestions in this post. The reason why I love matte so much is because of its long-lasting finish, but also a bit of a modern-day look. I let the shade speak classic, but the texture speak modern. This color by Revlon is described to be an inbetween of a classic red, and a deep dark plum. (Much like NYX’s Translyvannia) I use this mostly for evenings. This color is perfect for cool tone girls, or generally girls looking for a sexy subtle look.
Get out there and buy that red lipstick. It’s a beauty-must for achieving the perfect vintage look! You can find any of these brands at PCX, SM Department Stores, or Watson’s.