I do my best in learning about vintage fashion and lifestyle, and that is extensive research. I have dozens of books about history and this one in particular just happens to be a lucky find at a used book store. It gives vivid illustrations, descriptions and facts about the life in 1946. Below, I share with you some of my favorite pages and hopefully you an pick up a few new facts about life in 1946.
Life after the war and other lost arts:
I’m planning to complete the “Live It Again” series. You can too by clicking here.
Took a gamble on Amazon, and I must say I am really happy with this dress. It’s light, it fits perfectly, material is great…and it was $13.99!
It’s currently out of stock but here is the link for you to perhaps add to your wishlist: Halter Vintage Party Dress
This brand is known to carry a lot of vintage inspired dresses and they get great reviews.
Dress: Collectif Clothing
Shades: Jimmy Choo
Shoes: Solemate @ SM Department Stores
Thanks to Besame Cosmetics the way to a glamorous look has been deducted to just 6 products and 6 steps. There is no need for contouring, baking, layers and more layers…here are the only products you’ll need to get that perfect pin-up girl look!
- Besame’s Lipstick in 1959 Red Hot Red
- Besame’s Black Cake Mascara
- Chanel Comfort Radiance Compact Makeup
- Max Factor’s Facefinity All Day Flawless
- The Balm’s Down Boy Shadow Blush
- A pair of your favorite falsies
How did it all come down to this? Mascara, liner and brows are a big part of everyone’s makeup routine. There are just a crazy amount of options, but with this Black Cake Mascara it is all down to one. Yup, I use it for all!
How the Cake Mascara works:
- Brows: I like my brows full but soft. I don’t like the gel look, so I brush these thoroughly.
2. Face: I use Max Factor’s Facefinity. It’s also a 3 in 1 product (Primer, Concealer and Foundation) Less product, same results. Just a brush of compact powder to set.
3. Eyeliner and Mascara: Here is the fun part! The Cake Mascara is so easy to use that my cat eyeliner was done in under a minute (for those who know the struggle this is a miracle). It’s so potent and the mascara is so light that when I later on apply my falsies they don’t weigh down.
4. Lashes! Just adding them on. I buy mine from Suesh (Php 100 per pair!)
5. Lips! Besame’s Red Hot Red is a replica from 1959. I am obsessed with the detail of their products….their tubes are so pretty!
6. Blush Blush Blush: Again, obsessed with this product’s packaging. You may have seen the Balm’s cute pin-up designs. So this is obviously a perfect product for this look. I use my middle and ring finger to apply my blush to the apples of my cheeks. I like to use my fingers for this because it warms up the product making it smooth and natural.
That’s it!!! It’s really simple, and definitely something you can do. The products are all worth the money. If you have any questions on techniques and other alternatives, ask away!
Shop: @lindybop; lindybopusa.com
THIS IS ON SALE!
Shoes: SM Parisian