Dress: Collectif Clothing
Shades: Jimmy Choo
Shoes: Solemate @ SM Department Stores
Thanks to Besame Cosmetics the way to a glamorous look has been deducted to just 6 products and 6 steps. There is no need for contouring, baking, layers and more layers…here are the only products you’ll need to get that perfect pin-up girl look!
How did it all come down to this? Mascara, liner and brows are a big part of everyone’s makeup routine. There are just a crazy amount of options, but with this Black Cake Mascara it is all down to one. Yup, I use it for all!
How the Cake Mascara works:
2. Face: I use Max Factor’s Facefinity. It’s also a 3 in 1 product (Primer, Concealer and Foundation) Less product, same results. Just a brush of compact powder to set.
3. Eyeliner and Mascara: Here is the fun part! The Cake Mascara is so easy to use that my cat eyeliner was done in under a minute (for those who know the struggle this is a miracle). It’s so potent and the mascara is so light that when I later on apply my falsies they don’t weigh down.
4. Lashes! Just adding them on. I buy mine from Suesh (Php 100 per pair!)
5. Lips! Besame’s Red Hot Red is a replica from 1959. I am obsessed with the detail of their products….their tubes are so pretty!
6. Blush Blush Blush: Again, obsessed with this product’s packaging. You may have seen the Balm’s cute pin-up designs. So this is obviously a perfect product for this look. I use my middle and ring finger to apply my blush to the apples of my cheeks. I like to use my fingers for this because it warms up the product making it smooth and natural.
That’s it!!! It’s really simple, and definitely something you can do. The products are all worth the money. If you have any questions on techniques and other alternatives, ask away!
So…..I chopped off my locks. About 5 inches, and in a very specific style. The pattern I followed was called the Middy Cut. This pattern was very popular back in the day, and it was this cut that made those beautiful curls look so sculpted.
Talking to the stylist about this odd request, he was surprisingly helpful. Asking a lot of questions and we discussed on how the shape should be. Unlike most salons where you say what you want and they do whatever the hell pleases them. It turned out great!
As you can see, the cut creates a ‘U’ shape from all angles. Coming high on the front with layers.
I chose to do a wet-set with foam rollers (overnight) and they turned out so so so great. It was so easy now with the cut. I barley had do to any patterns. I just did a simple inward curl and a quick brush out. Still practicing, and needing some pomade to contain the frizz.
If this is something you think you would want, go for it. However definitely think about it and make sure you and your stylist are on the same page.
Needless to say, I am very happy with my new hair!
What do you think of my new do?
Dress: Meg Clothing Philippines
Cardigan: H&M Knitwear
Each: Henry London’s Richmond.
You can now find Henry London in the Phillipines at SWISSGEAR Boutiques, WRISTPOD Boutiques, Landmark Department Stores, and selected Robinson’s Department @henrylondonph